Monday, November 25, 2019

filming blog: Music video

  Through the course of the weekend I went out and recorded. Since I left the camera and tripod in the classroom.I had to improvise and use my cell phone to record. The first filming location was at Hugh Taylor Birch state park. When I entered the park i had to pay a 6 dollar fee.We parked at the other side of the park since it was very crowded. The first couple of shots weren’t my very best. Over time my shots and recordings got better and better. For a couple of shots I had to go in crazy spots to get them. Such as climbing onto a railroad track which was not in commission and was abandoned. 
  Throughout the time I was there, I was basically eaten alive by mosquitoes. The mosquitoes were so bad that day. Other people in the park were leaving because of it. After a hurtful walk back to the car we stopped for food before we headed towards the next location. While we were eating, I started to sort through the videos and shots deciding which was good and which were garbage. Whatever I thought was good or could be used I sent it to my gmail and my group members. The next location was Harbor village park. It is a neighborhood park that I have been going to since I was little. When we got there, very few people were there which gave us enough space to get a bunch of great shots. Especially with the time of day and lighting.

Due to the time of day the lighting was great. It helped with getting the shots for our dark blessed days. It was not my first option to go with. I would have rather gotten a shot of someone on a porch looking into the night sky. I will still attempt to create this shot and other shots I have imagined. But not everything goes according to plan. After gaining some amazing shots we had to leave before the park closed at sundown. Overall Saturday was a very productive day. The videos I was able to get are definitely going to be a perfect fit for a video. These shots could be on the nature channel. Maybe I should become a professional nature videographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audiences and Institutions Practice Essay

Assess the importance of marketing in the media area you have studied?  Marketing of a film is vital for any movie. Whether they are trai...